Gynaecology deals with The health of the female reproductive system, which is extremely delicate and just like any other area of the human body requires detailed study and comprehension. There are a number of ailments that are considered by gynaecologist like cancer, urine issues, menstruation issues, etc. Let us take a look at a couple of things that you should think about when deciding on your gynaecologist.
- You want to decide whether you still need to keep children or at least keep the option of having them. When choosing your gynaecologist it is important that you choose someone who you are going to keep a long term relationship with. If you are going to have kids in the future then its better you opt for a gynaecologist who’s an obstetrician in addition to he/she can over see you during your pregnancy also.
- Another aspect you could think about is if this gynae in singapore practices within a group of caregivers or not. The majority of women prefer this because state your physician is unavailable for any reason then you will find other physicians to oversee your case. Say your ob-gyn is on holiday and your labor starts it could be a problem. Many women prefer the maintenance of a personal ob-gyn because of the personalized approach and care.
- You want to decide whether you need a male or a female physician. Most women are uncomfortable with a male physician even when they have female chaperones. It is quite important that you feel comfortable throughout the assessments and the questions and concerns that you face as a woman.
- Ask family and friends for their opinions and opinions on whether to choose a male of female physician. Do what is the most comfortable to you after considering their remarks.
Health Benefits and Coverage:
- Verify if your Health insurance policy provides you better coverage if you pay a visit to a specialist. Most health insurance companies consider and favor a specialist gynaecologist. There are many limitations also about the amount of coverage girls can receive for visits to the gynaecologist. There are even some constraints like You are Allowed only 1 pap smear annually so please scrutinise your coverage clearly.
- Call your insurance carrier and ask if you will need a referral from the primary Care doctor to see a gynaecologist.